Choose your Class
Effective March 16, 2020, the educational programs scheduled to be delivered at our New York City facility will be moved to virtual delivery, where possible, or rescheduled. For those programs that do not lend themselves to a distance-education format, we will postpone them until we receive guidance from the University and public health officials that it is safe to hold those programs in-person. Please contact email@example.com with any questions. We will provide updates as they become available from the University.
Schedule & Details
This three-day EEO law seminar is packed with the latest information needed to understand EEO laws in the context of daily work situations. You will examine:
- EEO/affirmative action laws and obligations of employers
- Recent legislation, guidelines, compliance agencies' interpretations, and court decisions
- The impact of EEO laws on an organization's policies, procedures, and day-to-day operations
- EEO laws
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: the basic EEO statute
- Civil Rights Act of 1991: procedures and remedies
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act: high complaint volume
- Equal Pay Act: how current enforcement conditions affect employers
- Americans with Disabilities Act: compliance with complicated requirements
- Affirmative action (AA) laws and orders
- Executive Order 11246: continuing enforcement for government contractors
- Rehabilitation Act/Section 503 Regulations: government contractor AA obligations for disabled employees
- Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act: current government contractor concerns
- Family and medical leave: employer responsibilities
- Sample state and local laws and cases
- On-the-job reference manual containing laws, summaries, agency booklets, and a reference resource list
- Updates on U.S. Supreme Court cases
Who Will Benefit
EEO, AA, and HR managers who wish to obtain a current, in-depth review of the EEO and AA federal, state, and local laws as well as regulations and court cases.
See more workshops on Employee Relations, Internal Investigations and Employment Law Workshops.